Most users ever online was 23 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 pm

photo blueauraknight-2.jpg
Affiliates
 photo Ansgarbutton.jpg
Ansgar Button:

Our Affiliates:
   photo HavenButton.gif  photo ftrebirthbutton.png
Disclaimer
All of the Artwork used here is not my property and is property of the respective owners and creators. It is used only in the context to inspire people and build the theme of this forum. I own nothing. To that effect all works and characters here are the properties of their respective creators

Share | 

The Magic...of...ALCHEMY!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyrion

Character sheet
Country Affiliation: Wanderer
Guild Affiliation:
Statistics:

PostSubject: The Magic...of...ALCHEMY!   Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:52 am

No not the fullmetal Alchemist version, way too OP. This is the magic of the many potions and poisons. The further the user gets down this path of magic the more deadly poisons and potions that they are able to create and apply to weapons and armor. In this form of magic the "mana source" would allow for the creation of a certain amount of potions and poisons, only ONE of each may be used in a thread. Now keep in mind the poison will be in use in the thread UNTIL it is used successfully, afterwards it is warn off of the weapon and it cannot be used again (Not sure how this would with archers as technically the couldn't really re use the same arrow...ideas for that would be helpful) This is not me making this magic school...yet..I would like a little feedback before I begin, especially admin feedback. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azeizel

PostSubject: Re: The Magic...of...ALCHEMY!   Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:16 pm

I think that it's a sound idea for the poisons and what not to wear off after one successful use, however the fact they they stay in use until they become successfully used seems a bit drastic. Personally, I would make potions and poisons be used in RP and whether or not they are used successfully depends on the capability of the user. For example, if Rauco soaked Darastix Ui in a poison before a fight, I would have to post that in the beginning of the thread, and if he encountered Tyrion on the field of battle and Tyrion managed to fight on par with Rauco and neither participants receive a single scratch during the encounter Rauco's poison would have to have worn off eventually. So maybe give poisons and potions a duration based on the way they are made. The site could also have a chart of known poisons and potions. (For the sake of space I'm just gonna start calling potions and poisons pots) Players can also create their own pots and choose to donate them to the site list or keep them to themselves so long as they have an accurate account of the pots ability(ies). As for the arrow idea, arrows can be individually potted before a combat scenario or they can be dipped in poison during combat which would, if done well, take less than moments to do. Though pots would have to be limited or if not limited, raise difficulty to gather ingredients and create. Players would also have the option to create threads of gathering rare ingredients in dungeons and what not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galvesar
~The Pale Noble~

Character sheet
Country Affiliation: Draxia
Guild Affiliation:
Statistics:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic...of...ALCHEMY!   Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:15 pm

sounds awesome guys thats quite a lot of details actually im surprised i never really thought to add alchemy to the mix of sample magic or similar skills im not even opposed to some full metal alchemist aspects of it with proper structure even that op stuff can be made fair if your up for it. A chart of poison examples and any other style of potions could be done up... i see lots of possibilities. Potions for mana .. healing evening summoning or constructs you could tailor the difficulty for the potion crafting to and alter skill  levels for casting and advancement. I say however you wanna envision it is cool~! im very laxed with creativity so have at it ~! and most importantly have fun with it~!! be rocking to read what ya come up with XD ~!

Galvesar's Theme songs:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpreguh.rpg-boards.com
Tyrion

Character sheet
Country Affiliation: Wanderer
Guild Affiliation:
Statistics:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic...of...ALCHEMY!   Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 am

I'll get started on it immediately, I'm going to really put some thought into this! :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magic...of...ALCHEMY!   

Back to top Go down

The Magic...of...ALCHEMY!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1